Thursday, August 15, 2013

Stir It Up Again!

Hey All,

I received some great feedback on my last post with the chicken stir-fry recipe so I wanted to give you a similarly quick and yummy recipe to try. This is a family favorite (my hubby usually eats two servings!) I call it Stir-Fry Pasta. Enjoy!


The Essentials
1.25 lbs chicken breast or chicken tenders - cut into bit sized pieces and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder
Pre cooked and frozen shrimp - I usually use small or medium sized
Olive Oil
Stir-Fry Veggies
Onion
Bell Pepper
Pasta
Italian seasoning

First things first, I cooked the seasoned chicken in my wok with a little olive oil and a handful of chopped onion and bell pepper until the chicken was nearly done.

While the chicken cooked, I boiled water to simultaneously cook my pasta. I chose whole wheat angel hair pasta - but you can use whatever type you prefer. I've used spagehetti, penne and rigatone with this dish.

After the chicken was nearly done, I threw the veggies in the wok. I used a prepackaged combo of deliciousness (microwaved just enough so they weren't frozen but not completely steamed). I also added a little extra olive oil.


After a few minutes of all the wonderful flavors meshing together, I added the shrimp (after thawing and taking off the tail) and stir-fried for about 5 minutes more.


Last, I added spoonfuls of the pasta to the wok, mixed everything up and seasoned to taste using: salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning (my secret ingredient) and a little ginger. Voila! Stir-Fry Pasta.


What's another healthy stir-fry or pasta recipe I should try? I'm on a roll :)

In Love & HEALTH,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment