Saturday, July 6, 2013

Taco (not really) Night!

I had a lot of veggies that I was afraid I wasn't going to get to before they went bad, so I decided to make boiled chicken ceviche! It was AMAZING. It was my first time boiling chicken but was super easy, quick, and did not dry out my chicken like grilling sometimes does. I'm definitely going to continue to boil chicken, especially chicken breast as I continue on my clean eating journey.
Peppers, tomatoes, and onions!


For the ceviche-style chicken, I boiled the chicken with salt water and once cooked shredded it with forks.














I then added green, yellow, and red peppers, onions, tomatoes, and all kinds of spices and seasonings (ceviche I've had often is cooked with cilantro, but I really don't like cilantro!).

 I let it all sit in lemon juice for about thirty minutes (chicken is already cooked so no need to keep it in there for a long time) and I put it over corn tortillas!








It was great, easy, and a good way for me to use up my vegetables before the new week.

On the side/for dessert I had a Pina Colada green smoothie!  The recipe is a part of the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge! The pair made for a perfect Mexican-style dinner night!

What other recipes are out there for tasty boiled chicken?

Peace and blessings!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment