Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Namaste

Breathe in...breathe out. I find beauty in the fluid movements of yoga; in breathing into each stretch; in taking time to listen to your body. It's self-love at its finest.

I currently don't have the resources to join a gym or a crossfit box but I still try to get some exercise in every week. Sometimes, I do practical things around the house to burn calories like gardening, mowing the lawn and scrubbing the floors. A few times a week however, I take out my yoga mat and get my savasana on.


Yoga is incredibly good for your body. It releases stress and toxins, builds and strengethens your muscles and helps you focus in on your breathing. What I love most, is that my yoga practice prepares me for everyday life.

Yoga teaches balance, focus and grace even in the most difficult poses. If I can learn to focus my energy and breathe during a challenging yoga pose - I can learn to focus and breathe during any challenge life throws my way.

As I tone my body, I also tone my mind - integrating some meditation and relaxation techniques when I can.


Are you a yogi? What are your favorite yoga poses and do they translate into your everyday life?

In Love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment