Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hair Meet World Part2

Posted By: Ashley

Note to self...Don't try a new hair product if you only have 2 hours before you have to be somewhere important.

I have naturally dry hair. It sucks up moisture instantly. It's also really sensitive...I never took well to harsh chemicals. When I went totally 100% natural (see my post about this here - Hair Meet World) it was not just a hair style change for me but a lifestyle change. I wanted to use only natural hair products.

But I've had the worst time finding a shampoo that I love. I started off using the sisterlocks brand shampoos and they were nice...but I could only order them online and I never planned far enough ahead to order them in advance. I've tried a million store bought shampoos, ranging in price from cheap to cheaper. But this weekend I decided to splurge and buy a natural shampoo that was relatively expensive...I don't think I've ever spent more than $8 for shampoo in my life.

You see...I read this article recently that discussed when and when not to splurge on personal care items. And it shifted my perspective. I've been trying so hard to be frugal but I've realized that in order to look and feel my best I have to take care of my skin and my hair and not be afraid of spending a little more money. I deserve it!


So the new product I tried is Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter, Moisture Retention Shampoo. As soon as I stepped out of the shower I noticed a difference. I even sent a quick, panicky text to my sister saying, "It completely changed my hair texture!" My hair just felt different. I was rushing to leave the house for a 2-day seminar and I was worried that my hair wasn't going to cooperate. Hence...why next time I'll try a new product well before I have to be somewhere.

But it's worked out for the good...my hair is so light, soft, shiny and NOT dry...fabulous! It's day 4 and I'm still loving the results. I also moisturized my scalp with my favorite sisterlocks cream moisture treatment.


right after shampooing. See how dark and lovely my hair is? :)
How do you feel about splurging on personal care products? Is there a product you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment