Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Summer Journey

Posted By: Ashley


I had a fantastic summer. For the first time in years, I actually had a REAL vacation full of adventure. I spent time with people I love, and truly focused on just relaxing, reflecting and going with the flow.

Talk about "sisters on a journey" - Jessica and I recently DROVE from North Carolina to Kansas! Our destination was a family reunion but the long...long...long drive was just as fun. We visited a lot of places we had never seen before like Charleston, West Virginia.


And St. Louis, Missouri.


We drove through breathtaking countryside where the sky just seemed to go on forever and ever.


We reflected on history and had deep conversations.


We got on each other's nerves.


But most of all we just...LIVED. There was something so refreshing about just living in the moment and not stressing (too much) about time. I think I found another piece of myself somewhere out there.


How did you spend your summer?

1 comment:

  1. I like road-trips; they are fun, relaxing and adventurous. New discoveries and interesting conversations are made! :)

    ReplyDelete