Thursday, June 28, 2012

#NoFurnitureProblems

I finally bought a couch. Well really it's a "sofa bed." And a cheap one, from walmart. But nonetheless, I feel as though once that little sofa bed is delivered I will be on my way to completing my new apartment.

Lately I've been feeling lonely. So many friends have left for the summer for internships and military trainings that I feel like I've been left... alone. Tried to hang out with a few friends who were around for the summer but it rarely worked out. 


So I prayed on it, and shortly after I got a text from a good friend asking to hang out! We went and got coffee and I vented to her about how I felt forgotten. She expressed similar feelings. And felt like although she often extended invitations to hang out, no one extended them to her in return.


So this got me thinking... Do I need to do better? Should I be more assertive and less passive? Its the summer! So why are we not sipping margaritas and watching trashy reality shows like Love and Hip Hop (my new obsession)?!?! Why am I not being like Jesus and extending an arm out to everyone? Now that I have my own place I have the flexibility to open my home up to anyone. So why am I not??? Oh yeah... No couch. Just a couple chairs at a table. Not even enough to play a game of spades. But I'm excited for all that to change. And to have the space and opportunity to extend invitations, open up my space and to kick the loneliness feeling in the butt.

Pictures of my furnitured spot coming soon!



2 comments:

  1. I think we all go through a period of loneliness in our lives. But, we must know that no one can make us happy, that's a decision we must choose. I also have felt like I should reach out more to certain friends to hang out. I love being in the company of good people filled with laughter. I hope you enjoy your Summer.

    I'm looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your insight! And yes, being in good company is a great feeling. I hope your summer is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete